I am loving my So Matcha Green Tea Powder! I have loved playing with recipes, drinking it, eating it and feeling the benefits from it. One of the recipes I came up with is this Coconut and Matcha Ice Lolly Recipe. Summer is among us and there is nothing quite as refreshing as a little ice lolly in this heat. Normally ice lollies are packed with sugars and bad stuff and so we avoid them – not any more! These ice lollies are packed with flavour, delicious, refreshing and give you an extra energy boost for when you are feeling low.
The added bonus – my children love them! Yay! Every lick they take I fist my hands and pull my arms in next to my side and whisper “Yes!” inside my head! So good for them and it is not riddled with the uglies! I love that it is packed with the benefits of matcha green tea powder! As well as all the amazing benefits of the apple, mint and honey!
- 1tsp So Matcha Green Tea Powder
- 3 Small Green Apples
- 5 leaves Mint
- 1/4 cup Raw Honey
- 1 tin Coconut Cream
- 500ml Hot Water
- Cut the apples into quarters, removing the stems and seeds.
- In a pot, bring the tea, mint, apples, hot water and coconut cream to the boil.
- Once it is boiling, allow to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly - until just a touch warmer than room temperature and add in the raw honey. Don't boil the raw honey with the other ingredients as this damages the health properties raw honey offers you.
- Strain the liquid, making sure to remove all the apple and mint pieces.
- Pour mixture into ice lolly holders
- Freeze over night until frozen
- Enjoy on a hot day, or when you need a pick me up.
**Disclaimer: So Matcha sent me a package of culinary grade So Matcha Green Tea Powder for free and asked in exchange that I make some recipes for them. I do not work for So Matcha. The opinions are my own. The images are my own. Please respect that.**