So this week I will be headed to Cape Town and have asked the lovely Chastin Dreyer from Crazy Momma of Three to share some recipes for you while I am away. Chastin has agreed to share 2 recipes with you while I am away. Today’s recipe is a delicious butternut feta lasagna. Thank you so much Chastin for sharing this with us.
This is honestly one of my Favorite veggie dishes of all time to make and such a hit with everyone I have made it for, you can of course substitute the cheese for vegan cheese and the milk with a vegan alternative if you are vegan.Butternut & Feta Lasagna2016-10-18 00:48:06A delicious veggie lasagna dishIngredients
- 1 box Lasagna Sheets (I usually buy the spinach ones)
- 2 – 3 large butternuts- peeled, diced, cooked and mashed
- A tub of feta (yes not the healthiest dish)
- A small block of mozzarella cheese- grated
- Salt and pepper
- White Sauce
- I never make a cheese sauce with amounted ingredients but here is a simple recipe just for you
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 cup of milk
- Salt and pepper to tasteAdd ingredients to shopping listIf you don’t have Buy Me a Pie! app installed you’ll see the list with ingredients right after downloading itInstructions
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt butter.
- Add flour and stir until the butter and flour are well combined.
- Pour in milk, stirring constantly as it thickens. Add more milk depending on desired consistency.Take a large oven proof dish and layer your ingredients as follows
- Mashed butternut
- Lasagne sheets
- White sauce
- Repeat until your dish is filled and then add a layer of Mozzarella on top of the last feta layer (This makes its very stringy and melted YUM), top with some basil, chives or mixed herbs and bake in the oven at 180 degrees it takes about 40 minutes dependent on your oven, if you can put a knife into the dish and everything is soft as well as the cheese golden then it is done.
- Serve just as is.Notes
- If you are feeling adventurous add a layer of spinach in between like I said I use the spinach lasagne sheets so there is no need unless you just wanted some added colour or veggie goodness.
- You can also include a layer of tomato puree under the white sauce layer if that tickles your fancy but I’m not a fan of tomato based pasta dishes so I leave that layer out.tea.eats http://www.teaeats.co/
This butternut feta lasagna dish looks amazing. Thank you so much Chastin for sharing it with us and I can’t wait to make it for my family!
Please go visit the lovely Crazy Momma of Three Blog and pay Chastin some love in appreciation of this lovely recipe.
If you do make it – share some photos with us – would love to see your photos and hear your thoughts on this butternut feta lasagna dish.